Neuro Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
What is musculoskeletal rehabilitation?
A musculoskeletal rehabilitation (rehab) program is a doctor-supervised program designed for people with impairments or disabilities due to disease, disorders, or injury to the muscles, tendons, ligaments, or bones. Musculoskeletal disorders, which are treatable at Physioshine Physiorehab Chiropractic Center. Our chiropractors do all that they can to help you feel you’re very best. Here’s why you should look into chiropractic care:
What Is a Musculoskeletal Issue, and What Are the Symptoms?
Musculoskeletal conditions are those affecting your muscles, joints, and bones. Some conditions include:
1. Scoliosis: Scoliosis is when the spine is not aligned. It’s a chronic health condition that is usually discovered in childhood.
2. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: If you’ve ever used the computer for too long, you are familiar with the ache that happens afterward. Carpal tunnel syndrome goes a step further since it involves nerve pain. Overusing your hands, combined with an improper position, leads to inflammation in the wrist. When inflammation happens, the surrounding muscle presses against the median nerve, resulting in sharp pain, numbness, and tingling.
3. Herniated Disc: Herniated discs put pressure on the nerves in your spine, which can lead to any number of uncomfortable symptoms. You may even develop sciatica, a condition involving inflammation of the sciatic nerve.
4. Fibromyalgia: Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes pain in your muscles and bones. The pain ranges from mild aching to debilitating. Many people with fibromyalgia go undiagnosed for a long time because the symptoms mimic other health problems. Musculoskeletal disorders also include temporary issues, such as sprains and strains. Anytime you injure a muscle, you can develop long-term pain and stiffness. Fortunately, chiropractic care can ease the pain caused by musculoskeletal issues.
How a Chiropractor Can Help, If you have a musculoskeletal disorder, turn to a chiropractor for help. Our chiropractors utilize natural treatments to safely reduce your pain. With a chiropractor, you will do various maneuvers that will help you feel better. Here’s how it works:
1. Targets Joints: Chiropractic is highly effective on joint pain because the maneuvers are designed to release tension from a joint. While doing a chiropractic adjustment, you may hear a popping sound as air is released from your joints.
2. Full-Body Pain Relief: Part of what makes musculoskeletal disorders tough to treat is that they cause pain all over your body. Fortunately, chiropractic adjustments are applicable almost anywhere, including your neck, wrists, and knees. No matter where your pain is located, we can help.
3. Anti-Inflammatory: Chiropractic lowers inflammation in your body. Inflammation is a term used to describe your body’s immune response. High inflammation is a known cause of pain and is a trigger for several chronic health conditions, so targeting inflammation, in turn, will reduce the pain you feel.
4. Longlasting Benefits: Chiropractic is effective because it treats pain in the long term. Rather than continuing to take medications or other treatments that may not be working for you, chiropractic is safe and effective. You can depend on its benefits as they impact your entire body.
Visiting a chiropractor for guidance and treatment can be key to prevention. Talk to our chiropractic team today.